Thursday, August 20, 2009

The girl in the crazy glasses Chapters 6-13

So, I thought since I got a comment about my story saying that they liked it, I thought I should put up some more. So this is what i've since then of the story. Hope you like it and make sure to leave comments so I know what you think of it. Thanx!
Plus if you'd like to see my stories when they come out, come to my account on polyvore.com and read them. There will be a link to it on the top of the blog.
Alright, here it goes. Enjoy!


6
For the past few years I’ve been working hard on all of my tasks to be the best that I can be. My dad has been training me in so many ways like how to stay in the blend in when I need to hide and how to run at a fast speed and still be able to control myself.
I think that becoming a werewolf has made my dad and I really close. We see each other a lot more and we have something to relate to.
Plus I found out why I need to wear those stupid glasses. It turns out that during a werewolf’s early years they need to wear them to cover their eyes so that people won’t freak out when my eyes change colors in the snap of a finger. Plus I always have to wear them or my dad will get mad. Those glasses he picked out for me specially. If I didn’t have to I wouldn’t be wearing these but the fact that I need to and I love my dad so much that I’ll keep my promise to him.
Dad says that I won’t need to worry about anything for a while because he says that I’ll be dealing with High school after summer ends and will have more than plenty of problems.
Because my training was over, I got to work on making friends and being social and just like before, it wasn’t that easy. The same thing happened when I saw people except for instead of screaming and hiding behind their parents’ backs they just drove away in their cars.
I thought that I’d never make any friends, that is until I met Tessa and Redge. I met them and let’s just say, we were destined best friends. I wish that I didn’t have to keep my secret from them. They’re so honest and tell me everything while I keep half of my life away from them. But it’s better that they never know because I’d never forgive myself if anything happened to them because of me.


7
“Honey, wake up,” my dad says. “It’s first day of high school. Are you excited?” “Dad, you make it sound like It’s my first day of kindergarten,” I say, my voice tired and cracky.

I got up, put on my new tee, a pair of shorts and a scarf that Tessa made for me. I took a piece of toast and ran to my bike and off I was to my first day of high school.
When I walked in I was excited. For just a little bit I can be normal and not have to worry about anything. “Tessa, Redge,” I cry from across the hallway. “Charlotte!” they cry at the same time, their voices joyful and fun. We all gather together and give each other a big bear hug. I was so happy I thought nothing could go wrong, that is, before Kayla walked in.
Kayla was the type of girl that thought that everybody liked, which nobody like her except for her friends, which they only liked her because she gave them expensive gifts all the time. The worst part about her, she never keeps a secret. If she wanted something from someone and they didn’t give it to her then you’d be in a lot of trouble. I never thought I’d have to deal with her, that is, until today.


8
Kayla was walking down the hallway when she saw the scarf I was wearing. “Hello dweeb,” she said her voice squeaky and loud. “Give me that stupid scarf. I have to have everything and get everything that I want.” “No way, Kayla”, I reply and turn back to my friends.
Her face turns red and her eyes bloodshot. “I’ll give you one more chance, give me that scarf and then I’ll go back to making fun of you and your stupid friends,” she says. “Listen Kayla, these are my friends and there’s no way that you’re ever going to talk to them like that so back off,” I say, my voice strong and loud. “Oh Charlotte, you’re going to be so sorry that you ever did this to me. You’ll regret it, I know it. Get ready because a whole bunch of hurt is coming your way,” she says and walks away.
“Wow Char, you’re so brave,” Tessa says. But when she looks at me my eyes are wide and I begin to worry.


9
I was so nervous during the day. I couldn’t concentrate. Then during lunch my friends said I should go the Drive-in with them. “Everyone will be there and you’ll have a blast,” Tessa said her voice as spirited as a little kid’s first time on a rollercoaster. “Fine, I’ll go,” I say my voice resentful. “Good, then we’re all going tomorrow,” Redge said.
I thought that the rest of the day would be fine and less stressful. I felt completely relaxed as I rode my bike down the street. But as I passed an old building I heard a scream from the inside. I stood by and sniffed the air, smoke. People started screaming, “There’s a house on fire and a kid inside.”
I’d never had to save somebody, but I knew I had to. I ran down the alley and went through the back door to the place. “Alright, here it goes,” and I changed, looked at myself in the glass door’s reflection and ran into something, something that I didn’t know if I was ever going to come out.


10
“Help, help,” said a little voice. “Somebody help me, please.” I heard his voice, so helpless and scared, kind of like how I sounded when mom died. She died in a house fire. Dad was at work and mom was upstairs curling her hair with the curling iron. She was really stressed that day. She told me to turn off the curling iron while she made dinner. I was only five and really forgetful. I went in my room to play with my dolls when a smoky smell went in the air. All of a sudden I saw flames crawling out their bedroom door, looking like strong fingers trying to pry open the door and grab me. The fire alarm was screaming in my ears making me really scared. I closed the door to my room and hid under the bed screaming to my mom. Then I heard her let out a high pitched scream. I became even more frightened. I kept screaming to her until the room was full of smoke. I had trouble breathing, every breath more intense than the other.
Flames started grabbing the door. I felt dizzy as the flames grew closer and closer. Then I felt a glove on my hand. I look up and see a fireman with his mask over his face, trying to calm me down. The flames got higher, I started feeling dizzy and I fell limp, the fireman catching me while doing so. The door was blocked and there was only one way out.
He picked up a chair and slammed it through the window, glass falling all over the ground. Then he held me close to his chest and we jumped, the fire exploding behind us. Nothing was on the ground to protect us. We fell flat down on the grass hard and uncomforting. I heard the fireman groan as somebody picked us up.
My head was spinning. I couldn’t feel one of my legs. “Will somebody get these two to an ambulance pronto!” somebody yelled. I started blacking out. “What’s your name kid?” one guy asked. “Charlotte,” I said and went completely black.
The next day I woke up in the hospital with a mask over my mouth to get oxygen and a cast on my right leg. I looked outside of the room and saw my dad, his eyes watering and red as the doctor talked to him. I started to call him, wondering what was the matter, and where mom was. He came in and held me tight, telling me he loved me over and over again and that he would never let anything bad happen to me. Then I realized where mom was and held him tightly for a long time, never wanting to let go.
Today was a day to give back to mom. “I made a mistake that cost someone their life, but that won’t happen again, I promise,” as I ran towards the screaming from the other end of the hallway.


11
As I walked down the hallway I heard the kid try to speak and would start coughing. “I’ve got to get him out of here soon,” I thought to myself. As I ran to door flames rose from the ground. Luckily I barely dodged them and start ramming my head into the door. I thought it would take a miracle to open that door that is until I thought of mom and what happened that day when I got my courage and rammed into the door breaking it in my path.
The kid was curled up in the corner coughing. I walked over to him and gave him a look of hope. He just thought of me as a large dog and was calmed that something was here.
I picked him up by his shirt collar with my teeth and tried to look for a way out. I saw the window and had an idea. I set him back down and kicked the glass off. Then I started howling out the window until I saw fireman coming up on their ladder to come and get us.
The fireman came up and looked me in the eyes. I recognized him. He was the fireman that saved nine years ago. He could be trusted. I picked up the kid and passed him to him. Then I jumped in and followed them down. At the bottom was the kid’s mom happy to see that her son was alive and okay. The kid then ran into his mom’s arms and felt very lucky and loved. The mom knelt down , stroked my back, and whispered, “Thank you,” in my ear.
In that moment I felt so proud. The fireman came up and gave me a pat on the back. “Well what do you know, we’ve got a hero.” I was so happy that I ran to our house and told my dad what I did. “I’m so proud of you,” he said and gave me a big hug. “Your mom would be so proud of you right now.”
So I guess my first time at saving somebody wasn’t so bad. I thought that all my worry would be out the window for a while. But I was wrong. I had a whole lot more trouble coming.


12
The next day started out like any other. I met up with my friends and we talked about the Drive-in. “Char, you have to come, you promise?” Tessa said. “I promise guys, I’ll be there,” I say and Tessa keeps talking about who will all be there.
--------------------------------------------------------
When I pull up to the drive-in I’m very excited. This will a nice relaxing time to bond with my friends. “Hi guys,” I say and we all get some popcorn and find a place to park.
The first hour wasn’t bad at all. I was having a great time talking to my friends when I looked up at the sky. It’s a full moon over my head, oh no and I look down at my hands, growing hairy really fast.
“What’s wrong?” Tessa asks. “Uh, I don’t feel so good. I think I’m coming down with something,” I lie and begin to fake cough. “I’m sorry Char, maybe you should go home,” she says and points to my truck. I run and jump into the truck, only having time to drive to the back of the popcorn stand before I lose my opposable thumbs and have to sneak out. “Phew, that was close,” I whisper to myself. “I’m so glad they didn’t find out,” and I start walking through the woods to get home.
I thought everything was alright; it was going to be perfect. The only thing I didn’t know about was that Kayla watched me change and was standing there with her jaw dropped.


13
As I walked home I felt strange. Like something had happened that I had no idea about. Then I realized what it was. I left my phone at the drive-in. “No worries,” I think to myself and call Tessa when I get home. “No problem Char. By the way, I think there’s something wrong with your voice,” she says. “Oh, I’ve just to rest my throat a bit. Don’t worry it’ll be better tomorrow. See you then, bye,” I say and we both hang up.
I go and lie on my bed and think. Imagine if my friends ever found out. Would they still love me? Well, I won’t have to worry about that.
Then dad comes in and I tell him about what happened today. “Man was that a close one. But are you sure nobody saw you?” he asks. “Nope, didn’t see anybody looking. I ran out so fast that I don’t that you would’ve seen me. Don’t worry dad, we’re safe,” I say and he gives me a kiss on my cheek.
----
The next day Tessa came over and we watched a movie together. “Do you like me?” I ask her. “Do you really and truly like me?” “Of course I do Char,” she says and gives me a hug. “I’d love you even if you were a tree, because I know that deep down in that trunk is a loving heart.” My eyes start to water and we have our own little friend cry together.
When she leaves I hear my phone begin to ring. “Hello,” I say. “Hi Charlotte, it’s me, Kayla.”

2 comments:

Anners said...

Wow! Wow !!! I don't even know what to say. Keep on writing Elle. I look forward to your next installment. Too cool.

L.Y.M.I. said...

thanx!