Saturday, November 7, 2009

The girl in the crazy glasses Chapters 14-19

I have absolutely loved writing this story, but have been set back quite a bit because of school. Hopesully if I can finish I'll try to enter my story into this thing called NaNoWriMo where you enter your stories and people can buy them and the money goes to charity. I thought it would be awesome to do but I want your opinion.
These next chapters are thrilling and will leave you begging for more. You'll get to know a new character named John who is very sweet and sensitive and sweet to Charlotte and can relate to Charlotte deeply. I hope you love and make sure to comment so I know what you think. Thanx!
Alright, here's Chapters 14-19! Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
14
“Um Kayla, what do you want?” I ask. “I know what you are,” she says. “A person,” I say. “Don’t joke with me I know that you’re a werewolf,” she says her voice stern and hard.
I grow silent. “What are you talking about? Are you ok Kayla?”I say. “Don’t play stupid with me Charlotte, I know you’re a werewolf and I saw you change into one,” she says.
“Kayla, listen, you cannot tell anyone about this ok? If anybody found out it could lead to a lot of trouble,” I say my voice trembling.
“Listen Charlotte, you didn’t do what I said yesterday and now you’re going to pay. I hope you enjoyed being a little normal before everyone in town knows what you are. I’ve got a video tape of you turning into one from the drive-in manager and it will be going to the cops. The next place you’ll be is a cage. So goodbye Charlotte nice knowing you,” she says and lets out a evil sneer and hangs up the phone, leaving me breathless.
15
I was scared to tell my dad. I was worried that he’d get mad at me. I decided that I wasn’t going to tell him and that I was going to try to steal the tape so that she wouldn’t have any proof. But I had to think of something and fast.
I snuck out of the house and walked over to her house. I changed into a werewolf and snuck in. “She wasn’t home,” I thought but still remembered to hide in the shadows as I looked.
I went up to her bedroom and looked through the drawers of her dresser. Then right under her pillow was the tape. I quietly grabbed it and started walking down the stairs, thinking that I’m almost out.
As I took a step on the mat something metal grabbed my leg and held it tight. I let out a whimper from the pain it was giving me as I looked up and saw a pair of white eyes staring at me through the dark.
The lights turned on and there was Kayla and animal control. I looked down and saw a metal clamp with sharp teeth around my leg, blood running down the side. “I knew that you would come, that’s why I called the cops, and animal control. I showed them the tape and they were in awe. I told them to get a trap for you so you couldn’t run. Then I thought I should do more. I told your dad that you were in trouble and to come to my house. Little did he know that he would be tranquilized when he arrived. You can’t stop me Charlotte, I’m unbeatable,” she says as the men drag me across the room and put me in a cage.
They start taking me into their car as I see my dad asleep as I scream to him, “Dad, dad. Dad, please wake up. I need you.” Then they pick up my dad in his cage and take him into another car and drive away.
16
They put me in their car and drove in the opposite direction. I began to cry, feeling like my life was over as I sat in the back for the long drive to wherever I was going.
-
When I woke up I was in room, one small window, cold, and completely covered in metal. I looked at my paw that was now wrapped up and there was a metal chain around my back leg.
I heard the men as they walked in the room, their footsteps echoing as they walked over. I saw smiles on their face, sly smiles. I looked down at one man’s hand and saw a needle glistening when it hit the lights. When they realized I saw it they immediately put it into me, it stinging more and more it stayed it me. I began to whine in agony. They just laughed the whole time. I started to feel dizzy as I realized that they were taking blood out of me, making me feel weaker and weaker by the second.
What they were doing was draining the energy out of me. I tried to howl to get help, but I knew that none would come. Right when I was almost at the edge of death when something flew through the window, the glass spewing in all directions. I looked at it again and realized that it was a werewolf just like me. He began to growl at them and jumped on them. When he did that the man dropped the shot and it shattered when it hit the floor. He bit one of the men on the arm, making him scream and they both ran out of the room.
He picked me up and put me on his back and took me out the window as he took me away to the woods.
17
The next time I woke up I saw trees surrounding me. Fresh air and nature were at my fingertips. I saw the werewolf. He was staring at the sun as it rose above the trees.
I looked down at my foot it still hurt but had been taken care of. When I tried to lift it up I broke a dead twig on the ground, making the wolf turn back and look at me.
His eyes were a deep blue, his fur black like night, and how he walked was so majestic. “Oh, good, you’re okay. They got you pretty good, you were almost a gonner. You’re lucky I was there, if you hadn’t called I don’t want to even think about what they would’ve done to you.”
“Yeah, thanks,” I say. “Hey girl, what’s your name?” he asks. “Charlotte Mate, what’s yours?” I ask. “John, John Hans,” he replies.
I limp over to his side to see the sunrise. “Take it easy,” he says and walks by my side. I smile and go over. “So, why did you save me?” I ask. “I mean, you didn’t have to.”
“I know, but when I heard you howl, something inside told me to run and help you. I’m guessing that you’re important to me, that I was supposed to save you,” he says. “Plus, there’s something about you that I really like, maybe it’s the way your eyes sparkle, or maybe it’s the way that you can relate to something with me. I just really like you……… I mean I think you’re pretty cool,” he says as I saw a smile of embarrassment go across his face.
I kiss his cheek and look at the sunrise with him, having a feeling that I’ve never had before, something wonderful.
18
During these months I loved everything. I felt so free and alive. I realized that the more time I spent with him, the more I liked him. The big question for me was, did he feel the same way about me. He just made me feel like I could fit in somewhere.
Then, it occurred to me, dad. Where is he? Is he okay? Is he alive? The thought just sickened me and I could feel it in the pit of my stomach, making me feel sick as my face grew paler and paler and my smile turned in to a frown.
John turned and looked at me, his smile turning into a perfect line. “Charlotte? Charlotte what’s wrong?” he asked. “Nothing, nothing just a little home sick,” I replied, not wanting him to know what I was thinking. “John I’m kind of tired. I’m going to go to bed,” I said, my voice flat with no emotion. “Sure, I’ll come too,” he said as we walked by each other, his hand over my shoulder as we walked together.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19
I looked around a dark hallway, hearing screams and howls of agony as I walked deeper and deeper down, until I heard a familiar voice howling, my dad. I looked through the door and saw him being tested in any way possible, the worst part, they were all painful.
I tried to scream to him but nothing would come out, only a whisper, and started banging on the door as the men walked towards him with the shot that they’d tried to give me months ago. By the time he heard my yelling, it was too late, they’d started giving him the horrid chemicals.
I pounded my body against the door over and over, struggling to open the door before it was too late, still trying to scream but nothing would come as I watched my dad grow weaker and weaker and beginning to collapse. “Dad,” I whispered as I watched him release his last breath. I began to grow furious and tried to scream, this time taking a deep breath and as soon as I began to release the yell, I woke up, sweating and shaking.
At that moment John woke up and ran to my side, asking me what was wrong. I told him about my dream and what was happening to my dad. “I’m so scared, I don’t know what to do and I don’t know how much time he has left,” I said as I curled up next to him and began to sob. “We’ll find a way to save your father, I promise,” he said, his voice soft and comforting. I looked into his eyes, seeing the truth in his words and knowing that he wouldn’t let me down, I felt safe with him and some peace.

No comments: